LEO SEAL INNOVATIVE TEACHER AWARDS GUIDELINES
- The Leo W. Seal Innovative Teacher Award committee is interested in supporting educational projects that are creative and innovative. The project should enhance the classroom or school while ultimately benefiting the students, school staff, or a teacher’s professional effectiveness.
- Awards are not intended for staff development or professional training.
- Awards will not be made for the primary purpose of purchasing computers, tablets or other technological devices. HOWEVER, technological devices that are utilized as part of a well-developed and comprehensive program will be considered for funding.
- Up to ten (10) $2,000 grants will be awarded to outstanding educators who submit projects with an innovative approach to helping children learn.
- Educators teaching in either public or private schools in Forrest, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson Davis, Lamar, and Pearl River Counties are eligible to apply.
- Projects will be evaluated based on creativity, innovation, feasibility and potential impact.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Click on the Leo W. Seal Teach Grants tab located here.
- Submit application online with all required fields below.
- Complete and submit the Letter of Intent by November 12, 2019.
- A committee will review all of the Letters of Intent and invite the teachers with the most innovative projects to complete a full application. These teachers will be notified by early December 2019.
HISTORY OF THE LEO W. SEAL INNOVATIVE TEACHER GRANTS:
- Both Leo W. Seal and Leo W. Seal, Jr., were deeply committed to the South Mississippi Community and demonstrated this through their leadership and dedication to the progressive development of this region. In November of 1993, Hancock Bank established a permanent endowment at the Gulf Coast Community Foundation to support efforts of educators in South Mississippi. Hancock Bank is proud to pay tribute to these two men through this innovative educator’s award in their honor.