Gifts make a significant difference to our community’s future. There are many ways to make a gift and many provide lifetime income for you or a loved one.
Help us continue our mission by making a tax-deductible donation.
GCCF accepts a wide variety of assets such as:
- Publicly Traded Securities
- Insurance Policies and other readily converted assets which can be structured in a variety of ways.
- Bequest Through A Will Or Trust establish a named fund by bequest to benefit charitable organizations. Or choose GCCF to determine how best to address our community in the future.
- Life Insurance Policies GCCF can be named as the owner and beneficiary of a new or existing policy. When gifting an existing policy, donors receive an immediate taw deduction for either cash value of the policy or the cumulative premiums paid.
- Retirement Benefits name GCCF as the owner and beneficiary of qualified plan proceeds or IRA accounts.
- In Kind donors often have valuable items they wish to give for the betterment of our community. Matching the needs of the various organizations to the resources of the individuals donors presents a challenge.
To help meet this challenge we have established a community clearing house for unfunded items.
Why Donate to GCCF?
Simplicity – Creating a fund is an easy procedure. A fund at GCCF does not have the same compliance and tax requirements of a private foundation.
Tax Benefits – Gifts to GCCF receive the maximum tax advantages for a contribution to a public charity.
Flexibility – The Community Foundation can receive many kinds of assets and may make grants to a variety of community organizations. We strive to design gift plans to meet your objectives.
Effective Leadership – A Board of Directors composed of knowledgeable leaders representing diverse segments of our community provides direction and policy. Donors benefit from an experienced, professional staff with years of philanthropic expertise.
Objectivity – The Community Foundation is a vehicle for charitable dollars. Our sole objective is to facilitate philanthropy.
Stewardship- Endowment gifts are typically held in perpetuity. The Foundation constantly monitors the charities our donors support to make sure that if changes do occur, the funds are reallocated according to the donor’s original intent.
Recognition or anonymity- You may choose to receive public recognition or remain completely anonymous.
Accountability – An annual independent audit ensures fiscal responsibility.
T o receive a GCCF information packet call contact the Foundation office at 228-897-4841.